University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
Summary of Position
The position will be responsible for identifying compliance gaps and establishing plans to correct shortfalls between university policy and practice and Title IX and related federal and state regulations, i.e., SaVE, VAWA, Cleary Act, Title VII. The position will also serve as an assistant with Title IX related complaint investigations. The position will be responsible for ensuring Title IX annual reports are prepared and published as required. Additional areas of responsibility will include training, communication and supporting the universities comprehensive approach to sexual violence prevention. The Title IX Compliance & Investigator Assistant is a regular full-time non-exempt position which reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies compliance shortfalls between university policy and practice and Title IX related federal and state regulations.
- Identifies steps necessary to ensure Title IX compliance and supports university efforts to achieve results.
- Stays abreast for applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance.
- Coordinates scheduling and minutes for the Compliance Committee.
- Prepares and publishes annual Title IX related reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programs for students and employees.
- Reviews Title IX related training for effectiveness and compliance.
- Serves as a first point of contact for Title IX questions and complaints and interacts with professionalism and has a working knowledge of the policies and procedures.
- Serves as an assistant in Title IX related complaints and investigations.
- Responsible for case processing and retention of all evidentiary documents through regular consultation with investigative staff.
- Working in close coordination with investigative staff, assists in redacting of confidential case documents per FERPA regulations and compiling case exhibits in various formats requiring a keen understanding of removing metadata and sanitizing electronic documents.
- Working under the direction of the Title IX Coordinator, responsible for office functions such as financial processing, liaising with internal departments and external vendors.
- Works collaboratively.
- Provides backup for HR support functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Counseling Education, Student Affairs or related field and two (2) years of related experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly proficient at Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and capacity to quickly become proficient in other software packages and technology.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to handle complex, confidential issues required.
- Dedicated team player with strong customer service orientation.
- Focuses on details being correct.
- Must be a self-starter and problem solver.
- Must have an even disposition and be able to deal effectively and politely with people from all types of backgrounds and experience. Must also have the ability to serve individuals in a direct service capacity; remain calm in stressful or unanticipated situations.
- Familiarity with Title IX, VAWA, SaVE, Clery Act, Title VII, and FERPA.
- Familiarity with website building and social media a plus.
- Understanding of the dynamics of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send resume and cover letter to:
Please label subject line: Title IX Compliance and Investigator Assistant
No agencies or telephone calls.