- 12-month full-time (40 hour week) administrative position that involves representing the graduate counseling program to the community and coordinating student field placement experiences. Preferred start date for position: January 3, 2023
- Master’s degree in counseling or related field required although a Ph.D. or equivalent in counselor education is preferred
- At least two years experience in clinical mental health counseling with supervision experience desirable. Other experience will be considered.
- Licensed in the mental health field or eligible for licensure as a mental health counselor in Tennessee.
- Strong technology skills (Microsoft Office, web site management, Tevera, etc.).
- Highly organized; conscientious regarding deadlines.
- Strong work ethic including initiative and self-directed.
- Team player, flexible, work collaboratively and cooperatively.
- Mature and responsible.
- Strong social and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong Christian character and life-style willing to fully embrace and support the mission, purposes, and principles of Trevecca Nazarene University.
Under the direction of the director of graduate counseling, representative responsibilities include:
- Updates and distributes practicum and internship guidelines and requirements to master’s students in the graduate counseling program.
- Maintains and updates the database on potential practicum/internship sites as well as on-site supervisors and their credentials.
- Maintains the practicum/internship section of the graduate counseling website and provides students with complete online services relating to policies, requirements, evaluation forms, contracts, career resources, etc.
- Assists students in securing appropriate practicum/internship sites, preparing them for the interview process, etc. This would necessitate guest appearances in some of the pre-practicum courses (Helping Relationships).
- Maintains list of potential practicum/internship students for future semesters in an effort to anticipate need for additional sites as well as on-site and Trevecca based supervisors.
- Prepares and mails practicum/internship contracts once sites are secured by students.
- Assigns practicum/internship students to Trevecca supervisors.
- Prepares syllabi for all Counseling and Marriage & Family Internships I, II, & III.
- Coordinates and leads orientation activities for practicum/internship students and their Trevecca supervisors at the beginning of each semester.
- As Program Liaison contacts agencies/professionals that have not had Trevecca practicum/internship placements in the past in an effort to open new sites. Creates and maintains positive relationships with community counseling sites and personnel in an effort to continue current site participation. This may involve visiting sites from time to time.
- In conjunction with Trevecca supervisors submits all internship grades.
- Collects and maintains all practicum/internship folders.
- Provides job search assistance to students and alumni. Assists students with career oriented job search skills (resumes, interviewing, informational interviewing, business etiquette, etc.) and provides local, state, and national resources for career opportunities.
- Conducts workshops on resume writing and interviewing skills in conjunction with other career services staff on campus.
- Sends out and updates job announcements on the website and on departmental bulletin boards.
- Provide public relations and liaison services to the community on behalf of the graduate counseling program of Trevecca Nazarene University.
- Attends local university and community job fairs for employee and agency networking purposes.
- Promotes professional organizations to students as opportunities to connect professionally with peers, present research, promote speaking opportunities and publish research on a local, state, and national level.
- Establishes events to promote the University and the graduate counseling program and to offer opportunity for students, alumni, and community professionals to hear and learn from national level speakers, experts, and master therapists. Brand the Trevecca Graduate Counseling program as a local source for therapists and counselors to obtain professional growth and continuing education (Issues in Therapy).
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the director of the graduate counseling program.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should submit the following items to Dr. Susan Lahey, Director, Graduate Counseling, Trevecca Nazarene University, 333 Murfreesboro Road, Nashville, TN 37210:
- Letter of interest
- Resume / Curriculum vitae including references
- Completed application (May be obtained from TNU website (www.trevecca.edu; jobs (bottom of page); Faculty/Administrator Application)
- Official transcripts from each university where academic work has been completed mailed directly from the universities to the attention of Dr. Susan Lahey, Graduate Counseling at the address above.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.