Trevecca Nazarene University is growing its undergraduate enrollment. We are seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly capable professional who can advance the Traditional Undergraduate Admissions Office’s efforts in recruiting students by leading campus visits and the overall management of our office and front reception area. The right candidate has excellent interpersonal skills, is engaging, collaborative, and supportive of Trevecca’s Christ-centered focus. The right candidate demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position is a full-time, salaried position. This position is on campus and will not be able to work remotely.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Customer Service or hospitality experience preferred, but not required
- Experience in higher education is helpful, but not required.
Key Result Areas for First Year
- Ensure the highest quality campus visit experience for all prospective students and families.
- Ensure high quality first impressions to guests.
- Manage/oversee student workers and graduate assistants to ensure all work objectives are completed.
- Provide front desk/office administration and organization.
- Provide administrative support to the VP of Traditional Undergraduate Enrollment.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Traditional Undergraduate Admissions. This role will also work collaboratively with:
- Assistant Director of Admissions
- Assistant Director of Admissions for New Student Financial Aid
- Admissions Counselors
- Financial Aid Counselors
- Director of University Enrollment Systems
- Enrollment Systems personnel
This Office Manager & Hospitality Coordinator will contribute significantly to the success of the university’s recruitment efforts by fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Ensures that every guest that visits the Admissions Office is greeted enthusiastically, provided with a top notch, VIP customer service and leaves campus having had a positive experience with the university.
- Ensures all Admissions Office daily business processes are appropriately scheduled, resourced, and coordinated, with specific attention and responsibility for the front desk reception area.
- Assists the VP of Traditional Undergraduate Enrollment with administrative tasks as needed, including corporate card reporting, paying bills/processing invoices, submitting work orders for ITS and cleaning/maintenance, submitting HR paperwork, etc.
- In cooperation with the Assistant Director of Admissions, supervises the student workers needed to execute Admissions Office business processes, including (but not limited to) campus visit tours, answering the University switchboard and assembling communication pieces.
- Assists in the processing, initiation and printing of letters and mailing inserts for Admissions communication/recruitment campaigns.
- Coordinates all campus visit registrations via the Admissions CRM system (Recruit) and Trevecca website.
Daily Campus Visit Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages all campus visits, including scheduling admissions counselors, financial aid sessions and tour guides.
- Coordinates prospective student classroom visits and meetings with faculty and coaches.
- Communicates with visiting families prior to and following their campus visit.
- Maintains campus visit registration sections of the Trevecca website
- Keeps record of campus visit statistics and how these statistics measure to our goals.
- Coordinates group visits from high schools, youth groups, etc.
- Ensures we have adequate campus visit supplies, including t-shirts and campus visit folders.
Office Management Responsibilities
- Opens and closes the Admissions Office for business hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Monday thru Friday.
- Manages the TNU Admissions Office’s reception desk. It is anticipated this position will serve on the University Switchboard (main phone line) approximately 10-15 hours per week. Hours on phone could be elevated when student workers are on break.
- Supervises the student workers/graduate assistants answering the main phone line to maximize Trevecca’s first impression.
- Supervises the student workers and graduate assistants, manages their hours and workload to meet the office’s needs.
- Manages the workroom and storage areas. Responsible for ordering and stocking office supplies (monitoring inventory), maintaining workroom appearance and organization, and ensures all equipment is in good working order.
- Takes minutes from staff meetings and circulates to office.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by an individual assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
Trevecca offers a competitive benefits package, including health care and paid holidays. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter and resume to Melinda Miller.