- Chair of Department of Music and Instrumental Studies | Professor of Music
- School of Music and Worship Arts
- B.S., Trevecca Nazarene University
- M.Ed., Trevecca Nazarene University
- M.M., Austin Peay State University
- D.A., Ball State University
David Diehl is chair of the Department of Music and Instrumental Studies and coordinator of assessment and accreditation for the School of Music and Worship Arts. He holds degrees from Ball State University (D.A.), Austin Peay University (M.M.), and Trevecca (M.E.). From 2007-2021, David served in various leadership roles, including instrumental coordinator, chair of the Department of Music, and founding dean of the School of Music and Worship Arts.
His role at Trevecca encompasses the supervision of the Department of Music and Instrumental Studies, private trumpet lessons, as well as the coordinator of assessment and accreditation. He is a published author of numerous articles on music education, music history, and worship and actively engages in teaching private trumpet, conducting and music education methods.
David is married to Tina Peterson Diehl. They reside in Nashville with their two daughters.
Certifications & Memberships
- Middle Tennessee State Band and Orchestra Association
- Tennessee Music Educators Association
- National Association for Music Educators
- College Music Society
- National Association of Schools of Music (Visiting Evaluator)
Areas of Expertise/Research Interests
- Instrumental Teaching Methods
- Music and the Brain Music History Music Education
- Music of the World Fairs
- National Standards for Music Education
- Trevecca Symphony Orchestra
- Trevecca Wind Ensemble
PublicationsFactors Related to the Integration of the Creating and Responding National Standards in High School Bands (with Dr. John Scheib); Journal of Band Research: 48:2
A Practical Guide for Nazarene Worship Leaders. (co-author). Grace and Peace: 21:42
5 mini-biographies in Home Front Heroes: A Biographical Dictionary of Americans during Wartime. Greenwood Press.