Trevecca & U.S. Armed Forces
Trevecca Nazarene University is proud of the leadership, service, and sacrifice given by those who serve in the U.S. Armed Forces. Offering online associate, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral level programs, Trevecca is committed to meeting the needs of military students. That’s why Trevecca was recently named a 2016 Military Friendly School. The designation is awarded to colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace military students and ensure their success in the classroom and after graduation. Trevecca is also pleased to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program at the highest level; at Trevecca, you’ll enjoy the benefits of a quality education with the acknowledgment and honor you deserve.
Military questions? Contact MilitaryHelp@trevecca.edu.
- Military Scholarship equal to 10% of tuition each new semester at Trevecca (Non-traditional Online, Degree-Completion and Graduate students only): Applies to all military service members, veterans, military spouses and dependents 23 and under. This applies specifically to tuition for any non-traditional program at the university!
- To apply for the Military scholarship: click here!
- College Credit for Military Training: Trevecca will evaluate military training for college credit. We’ll use the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experience in the Armed Services, published by the American Council on Education. Get credit where credit is due!
- FREE Tuition for Those with Full Benefit: Trevecca Nazarene University is participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program at the highest level. That means free tuition for eligible military veterans and/or their families. Participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program at Trevecca Nazarene University is open to all academic programs including graduate and doctoral programs. If you qualify for 100 percent of the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, Trevecca will provide matching funds through the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Flexible Format : online programs are indeed fully online – no classroom or residency requirements - asynchronous format – go to school at the time of day that fits your schedule - focus on one class at a time - books and materials are delivered right to your doorstep
If you were a member of the Armed Forces on August 1, 2009, the Department of Defense (DoD) may offer you the opportunity to transfer benefits to your spouse or dependent children.
If approved to transfer an entitlement to educational assistance, you may transfer the entitlement to:
- Your spouse
- One or more of the member’s children
- Any combination of spouse and child
A family member must be enrolled in the Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System (DEERS) and be eligible for benefits at the time of transfer to receive transferred educational benefits.
A child's subsequent marriage will not affect his or her eligibility to receive the educational benefit;
however, after an individual has designated a child as a transferee under this section, the individual retains the right to revoke or modify the transfer at any time.
A subsequent divorce will not affect the transferee’s eligibility to receive educational benefits;
however, after an individual has designated a spouse as a transferee under this section, the eligible individual retains the right to revoke or modify the transfer at any time.
Additional information and instructions can be found at www.benefits.va.gov.
How to Apply
- Apply for the Post 9-11 GI Bill®
- Apply online to Trevecca
Call 844-TNU-GRAD if you have questions about the online application.
- Request your Service Transcript
Choose your appropriate branch:
Joint Service Transcript
Community College of Air Force – Air Force
- Fill out your FAFSA
Use School Code 003526
Questions about your FAFSA? See our step-by-step guide here, under "Next Step."
Qualifications for Post 9/11 GI Bill
|Active Duty Completed||Percentage of Maximum Benefit Payable|
|At least 36 months*||100%|
|At least 30 continuous days on active duty and must be discharged due to service-connected disability*||100%|
|30 months to 36 months||90%|
|24 months to 30||80%|
|18 months to 24 months||70%|
|12 months to 18 months||60%|
|6 months to 12 months||50%|
|90 days to 6 months||40%|
*Denotes Yellow Ribbon Qualifications