The courses offered by Trevecca are general elective courses that are regionally accredited and accepted by most liberal arts universities. If you would like to learn more about the courses offered, please click here to view our catalog.
Benefits & Eligibility
Trevecca offers high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to be dually enrolled in select college courses prior to high school graduation.
Some BENEFITS of dual enrollment include:
- Dual enrollment allows you to accumulate college course credits prior to entering college, so you can graduate early, on-time, or lighten your course load in college.
- Dual enrollment can make your transition from high school level courses to college-level courses much smoother.
- Dual enrollment can give you a closer look at areas of interest prior to enrolling in college.
You are ELIGIBLE for dual enrollment if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a rising high school junior or senior.
- You have a minimum cumulative high school unweighted GPA of 2.5.
You have a minimum ACT composite score of 18 or 960 SAT (Total Score).
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, if you have not taken the ACT test, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to have this requirement waived.
2020 Dual Enrollment Terms
Summer Session I: 05/11/20 – 06/21/20
Summer Session II: 06/01/20 – 07/12/20
Summer Session III: 06/22/20 – 08/02/20
Available Courses for Summer 2020
Tuition & Payments
To make dual enrollment more affordable for families, Trevecca is offering a special discount rate for our online Summer Term courses only. The normal credit hour rate of $1,005 is discounted to $500 per course. In addition, a $50 technology fee will be charged per class. The total cost of a credit course is therefore $550 ($500 tuition plus $50 tech fee).
Qualifying Tennessee students are eligible for the Dual Enrollment Grant, which is a part of the TN Hope Scholarship. Please check eligibility and deadline requirements listed here.
Students wanting to apply for the Dual Enrollment Grant for the Summer 2020 term should fill out the 2019-2020 application.
The deadline to apply for the TN DE Grant for the Summer 2020 term is May 15, 2020.
Tuition not covered by the Dual Enrollment Grant is due prior to the first day of class. For questions about payment please contact email@example.com or 615-248-1242.
Students will be provided with a list of required textbooks/course materials. Students may purchase these on their own through the campus bookstore or through sources like Amazon.com.
- Check out our dual enrollment course offerings for the 2020 Summer Term here.
- Apply online at www.trevecca.edu/dualenrollmentapp.
- Select “New Traditional Undergraduate Application.”
- Follow the instructions to set up an account and apply.
- Select the Entry Term “2020 Summer Traditional” and Admit Type “Special Student”.
- Be sure to click “Submit” on the last page of your application.
- If you encounter any issues submitting your application, please contact Kelsey Ray, Enrollment Systems Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 248-1323.
- Submit your official ACT/SAT test score and high school transcript to TNU’s Admissions Office.
- ACT School Code 4016
- SAT School Code 1809
- Your TNU Network Account & TNU Email Address Information will then be created by Trevecca's Information Technology Services office (ITS) and mailed to you from the Admissions Office.
- Complete your application file (i.e. submitted an application, official ACT/SAT scores, and official high school transcripts). The application file must be completed two (2) weeks prior to the start date of the summer session listed above.
2020 Completion Deadlines for Admission Files
The deadline for Summer Session I has passed
5/18/2020 Deadline for Summer Session II start date of 6/1/2020
6/8/2020 Deadline for Summer Session III start date of 6/22/2020
- April 10, 2020 - Course registration officially opens for admitted dual enrollment new students. (Currently enrolled TNU students will have completed their summer course registration prior to this date.)
- The Office of Admissions will notify your assigned advisors when you have been admitted for Dual Enrollment in order to register.
- Your assigned advisor is Mr. Jeff Swink (email@example.com or 615-248-1445). Discuss with Dr. Swink which course(s) you wish to take.
- Dr. Swink will register you in the course(s).
- Access to Online Course: All online courses are available four days before the start date. You will receive a notification from Blackboard to let you know the course is available. Perform a Browser check to make sure that you have the browser components needed to work in your course. Follow these steps to access Blackboard:
- Access https://trevecca.blackboard.com/
- Select the “Trevecca Login Single Sign On” link to access Blackboard.
- If prompted for authentication, please enter your full Trevecca email and password.
- Contact our Help Desk if you have trouble accessing Blackboard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-248-1223.
- Textbooks: New students should refer to the professor’s syllabus for a list of required books. Trevecca’s on-campus Bookstore is located in the Jernigan Student Center or online at http://trevecca.textbookstop.com/home.