Trevecca Nazarene University recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information collected from its members, donors, viewers, and visitors to Trevecca Nazarene University's Web site. Here is the explanation of how Trevecca Nazarene University collects information online and by other methods, what it does with that information, and what controls the user has. The University is committed to ensuring the privacy of users' personally identifiable information (such as full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and/or other identifiable information), protecting the security of making financial transactions and preserving the integrity of the medium.
Gathering and Use of Information
- The University will not collect personally identifiable information from users, other than what they supply to the University on a voluntary basis. It may collect certain non-personal information to optimize the Web pages for a user's computer (i.e., the identity of the user's Internet browser, the type of operating system a user uses, the IP address and the domain name of the user's Internet service provider). The University may use such non-personal information for internal purposes, including but not limited to improving the content of the Web site.
- In order to participate in some activities, users might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. Users should recognize that if they choose not to voluntarily submit requested information, they may not be eligible for those activities for which personally identifiable information is needed. This information could be in connection with the following:
- Contest or sweepstakes registration
- Subscription registration for Web sites
- Services which require subscription (such as e-mail or postal newsletters)
- Trevecca Nazarene University membership submission
- Pledging financial support
- Content submissions, community postings (i.e., forums or bulletin boards), comments and suggestions or voting
- In the event Trevecca Nazarene University wants to collect information for purposes other than those set forth in this policy, Trevecca Nazarene University will notify users when it is collecting personally identifiable information about users, how it intends to use that information, and will offer users the option to not participate.
- Trevecca Nazarene University's Web site is a general audience Web site and does not knowingly market to, accept postings from, or collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 years old; however, Trevecca Nazarene University believes that it is important to assist parents in supervising their children's online activities and, therefore, recommends that parents consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other personally identifiable information online without parental permission.
- Trevecca Nazarene University maintains a membership database with the e-mail address, name and postal address, telephone number and other personally identifiable information of persons who have provided such information to Trevecca Nazarene University by mail, telephone or e-mailing us with questions about membership, submitting an online membership contribution (making an online pledge), or sending Trevecca an e-mail about its programs or services. By supplying Trevecca Nazarene University with an e-mail address, telephone number, or postal address users may receive future communications from Trevecca Nazarene University via e-mail, telephone, or mail.
Chat Rooms and Bulletin Boards
Users should remember that any information posted on bulletin boards and/or communicated in chat areas becomes public information. Users should use caution when sharing information because any of it can be collected and used by people users may not know and may result in users receiving unsolicited e-mails. Users under the age of 18 should be particularly careful not to divulge any personal information. While Trevecca Nazarene University strives to protect and respect users' privacy, the University cannot guarantee the security of any information users disclose in a chat room or bulletin board, and users do so at their own risk.
Secure Credit Card Transactions
Trevecca Nazarene University offers Web users the convenience of making online membership contributions and donations via credit card. Trevecca Nazarene University takes seriously the need for credit card account information security. On Trevecca Nazarene University's Web site all financial transaction forms are stored and served from a secure server. This system means that each page viewed on Trevecca Nazarene University's Website and any financial information submitted is encrypted on its way between computers (users' and the University's). Even in the highly unlikely event that a user's transmission is intercepted, the data will not be usable. Users' peace of mind and the safeguarding of their credit card information are of the utmost importance to Trevecca. Users' credit card information is used by Trevecca Nazarene University only for its intended purpose -- that is, for the purchase or contribution users wish to make.