- Professor, Communication Studies
- School of Arts and Social Sciences
- B.S., Trevecca Nazarene University
- M.A., Auburn University
- M.A., Roosevelt University
- Ph.D., Texas Tech University
Jeffrey has taught communication and theatre at the collegiate level since 1991. He rejoined the Trevecca community in June of 2016 after serving as chair for the division of communication arts and director of theatre at Oklahoma Baptist University (OBU). Before transitioning to OBU, he served as vice president for enrollment and marketing at Eastern Nazarene College; director of children's ministry at Lubbock First Church of the Nazarene; associate professor, director of theatre, and director of film studies at Olivet Nazarene University; interim managing director and marketing specialist at Stageworks Theatre in Tampa, FL and executive director of The Pro-Kids Show in Nashville, TN. He and his wife, Laurie (Fry), have a daughter and son-in-law, Mary-Grace and Benjamin.
- Ellis V.S, Barbe Kaylene, and J. A. Wells (April, 2014) PowerPlay: Advancing a new tool for rhetorical criticism. Central States Communication Association, Minneapolis, MN
- Ellis V.S and J. A. Wells (April, 2012) Representative Jordan’s Well Made Play for Impeachment. Paper presented at the 2012 annual meeting of the Southern States Communication Association, San Antonio, TX.
- (August 2010) Dissertation: Marketing Theatre to the Millennial Generation: A Marketing Initiative for Stageworks, a Professional Regional Theatre in Tampa, Florida (A Professional Problem). Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX.
- (Spring 2006) Director, Social Darwinism, Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival, Tulsa, OK.