- Director, Center for Worship
- School of Music and Worship Arts
- B.S., Trevecca Nazarene University
- MMEd, Belmont University
- Ed.D., Tennessee State University
- Advanced Graduate Certificate of Worship Studies, Institute for Worship Studies
Sam has been on the faculty at Trevecca in various roles, including chair of the Division of Music, associate provost and dean of Enrollment Management, director of the Praise and Worship Certificate Program and currently chair of the Department of Worship and director of Undergraduate Research. Sam also teaches in the Doctor of Education, christian ministry, and Salvation Army programs. He has served as a guest lecturer at Caribbean Nazarene College and Evangeline Booth College. Additionally, Sam is an ordained deacon in the Church of the Nazarene and currently serves as pastor of worship at Hermitage Church of the Nazarene. He and his wife, Keli, have three married daughters and four grandchildren. All of his daughters are proud alumni of Trevecca.