- Professor, Music
- School of Music and Worship Arts
- B.A., Northwest Nazarene University
- M.A., University of Idaho
- D.M.A., 1997, University of Georgia
- M.A., Trevecca Nazarene University
BiographyPaul is a professor in the School of Music and Worship Arts. He is a past state winner of the Music Teachers National Association-Wurlitzer Collegiate Artist Competition (piano, Idaho). He is a past winner of the Teaching Excellence Award at Trevecca Nazarene University. He has been the pianist for Trevecca Symphony Orchestra performances of both Sergei Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Op. 43 and Ludwig van Beethoven's Choral Fantasy, Op. 80. Paul teaches Fine Arts, Private Piano, Class Piano, Art for the Music Major, Online Music Appreciation and Keyboard Literature and Pedagogy.
Doctor of Musical Arts, University of Georgia
Master of Music, University of Idaho
Master of Arts, Trevecca Nazarene University
Bachelor of Arts, Northwest Nazarene University
Areas of Expertise
- Piano/Keyboard Performance
- Piano/Keyboard Pedagogy
- Music Appreciation
- Music in Western Culture
Accolades and Honors
- Original composition, "Nocturne," was published in the Fall 1988 edition of College Musician magazine.
- Performed as the pianist for Ludwig van Beethoven's "Choral Fantasy, Opus 80" in April 2014.