- Associate Professor of Religion
- School of Theology and Christian Ministry
- B.A., Point Loma Nazarene University
- M.A., Point Loma Nazarene University
- M.Div., Nazarene Theological Seminary
- Ph.D., Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
Tim serves as associate professor of religion and director of the MA program in theology and biblical studies, teaching in the areas of systematic theology, ethics, Wesleyan-holiness theology and Christian tradition. He is an ordained elder in the Church of the Nazarene, serves as a pastor at Trevecca Community Church and is a frequent speaker at churches, camps and conferences.
His interests in helping the church discern distinctly Christian approaches to pressing contemporary issues have guided him to write on topics including economic ethics, politics in church life, the ethics of technology and biomedical ethics. Tim loves to invest in the lives of students and campus life, serves as a class sponsor and is a recipient of the NSLS Excellence in Teaching Award and Trevecca's annual faculty Teaching Excellence Award.
Living in Nashville allows him to cultivate his enthusiasm for running, biking, music, aviation, history, baseball, photography and Corvettes.
Areas of Expertise
- Systematic Theology
- Conducted his doctoral research on the interplay between Christian doctrine and moral formation
- How Can We Understand the Trinity? in Diane Leclerc and Mark Maddix, eds., Essential Beliefs: A Wesleyan Primer (Kansas City: Beacon Hill Press, 2016).
- Uncovering Christ: Sexuality in the Image of the Invisible God in Beth Felker Jones and Jeffrey Barbeau, eds., The Image of God in an Image Driven Age: Explorations in Theological Anthropology (Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016).
- Christian Discipleship in a Technological Age in Dan Boone, Charitable Discourse: The Uncomfortable Conversations (Kansas City, Beacon Hill Press, 2016).
- Eucharistic Participation: Holiness as the Relational Shape of Christian Moral Theology, Wesleyan Theological Journal (Spring, 2014).
- An Ethics of Participation: The Economy of the Trinity and the Shape of the Christian Moral Life (PhD Diss., 2014).
- Kings and Presidents: Politics and the Kingdom of God (Kansas City: Beacon Hill Press, 2015).
- A Seat at the Table: A Generation Re-Imagining Its Place in the Church (Kansas City: Beacon Hill Press, 2012).
- Politics, Participation, and the Missio Dei in Miroslav Volf and the Wesleyan Tradition, Wesleyan Theological Journal (Spring, 2012).
- Uncovering Christ: Sexuality in the Image of the Invisible God” at Wheaton Theology Conference, April 2014.
- Building Bridges: Why Theology Matters for Christian Education as Kansas City First Church of the Nazarene, September, 2015.
- Can Ethics Be Wesleyan?: Holiness Identity and Wesleyan Moral Theology at Wesleyan Theological Society, March 2014.
- The Duty of Constant Communion: Participation and Wesleyan Theology at Wesleyan Theological Society, March 2013.
- Just Justification?: Forgiveness With A Welcome in Al Truesdale, Wesleyan Foundations for Evangelism (The Foundry Publishing, 2018).