University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
The Women’s Basketball Graduate Assistant is a part-time “tuition remission” position and pays tuition ONLY for one graduate degree at Trevecca Nazarene University. The Graduate Assistant is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the program, including but not limited to travel, recruiting, scouting, scheduling, training, monitoring academic progress, promotions, community service projects, fundraising and on court coaching duties. The Graduate Assistant is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Trevecca Nazarene University, the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC), and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). Trevecca Nazarene University is a member of the NCAA at the Division II level.
• Assist in all aspects of coaching and management of the women’s basketball varsity and junior varsity teams as directed by the Head Coach.
• Monitor team study hall and academic progress updating coaches and academic Team Liaison.
• Perform duties related to team travel readiness which may include packing and prepping uniforms and equipment, laundry during travel, organizing team meals, securing practice and shooting times, etc.
• Train, coach, and mentor student-athletes while supporting their spiritual, academic, and personal development.
• Assist in organizing and coaching summer camps and clinics.
• Perform recruiting and scouting in compliance with NCAA Division II policies and procedures.
• Ability to work with synergy and other video software (training will be provided if needed).
• Represent Trevecca Nazarene University and the program in a professional manner.
• Help organize and participate in community service project as needed.
- Commitment to the overall development of the student-athlete and the mission of the University.
- Strong work ethic, loyalty, integrity, self-discipline, and a self-starter.
- Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of sport specific skills and technique.
- The ability to recruit scholarship athletes and inspire them to develop to their fullest potential.
- Outstanding organizational, oral, and written communication skills, and intermediate to high level computer competency
- Loyalty to Trevecca Nazarene University (TNU), the TNU athletic department, and the TNU head coach.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong preference for competitive college level basketball experience, either participating and/or coaching.
- Ability to evaluate and assist with the women’s basketball strength and conditioning program may be an asset
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter, resume, statement of faith and the names and contact phone number of three references to:
Associate Women’s Basketball Coach
Trevecca Nazarene University
333 Murfreesboro Road
Nashville, TN 37210
A review of the applications will take place immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Electronic applications are encouraged, but not required. Please do not follow up your application of the required items with another contact.
Please no agencies or telephone calls