All new students need to submit their immunization information via our online forms. This information is only accepted via these forms.
Please note: You are required to submit this information before the start of registration.
Before you enroll in Trevecca, you need to have the following information submitted:
- Your MMR immunization dates or titer
- Chickenpox (varicella) disease date or immunization dates
- Tetanus date
- The dates of your Hepatitis B and Meningitis shots may also be required
Re-admitted students beyond two years are required to update this information.
Frequently asked questions
What is a titer?
A titer is a blood test to measure the level of defense the body has acquired after series of vaccine shots. A rise in value means that you would have defense against a certain infection if you would be exposed to it. Titers are necessary after some vaccinations to make sure that your body responded appropriately.
For how long is a tetanus vaccine good?
Generally this is good for 10 years. But, if you have a severe injury such as road-rash or very dirty cuts, you might get another injection if three to five years have gone by and depending upon the severity of the injury.
Why do I have to submit some immunization paperwork by fax if I applied online?
- Applying through a secure website on-line is designed to hasten your admission and registration process. It is easier to input data into an electronic record.
- On-line submission has a much greater chance of getting the information to the correct office - the clinic. Hard copies have trouble doing this.
- Faxing a copy of your immunization records directly to the clinic verifies that what you have stated is in fact what has been done. Tennessee state law requires that we do this.