Career Development & Connections
As you prepare for a career of servant leadership in your field of study, it’s never too soon to start using tools and perfecting soft skills that can help you take advantage of job opportunities after graduation.
At Trevecca, access to free career services is offered through the Office of University Engagement, and support is available from the time you arrive on campus.
Like any successful venture, your career development journey begins with a handshake. In this case, Handshake is the online platform where you’ll access all the career tools and support you’ll need leading up to and including your job search. That’s why it’s important to register on Handshake as you start your freshman year, and then use it regularly as you progress toward that first job.
Services you can find on Handshake include the following - and new features are always being added.
- Resume writing tools
- Interview tips and resources
- Job search capabilities for positions in your line of work
- Career fair event announcements
- Connections with alumni who are seeking TNU graduates for job opportunities
- Contact portal for the Engagement Office
Get started today!
If you’re involved with hiring functions at your organization and want to help the next generation of TNU graduates succeed, Handshake is a great way to find talent and establish a pipeline with your alma mater. You’ll stay connected to Trevecca, and graduating students will appreciate the networking opportunity!
SkillsFirst is a free resource for Trevecca Nazarene University students that offers complete set of career preparation tools to help you navigate the hiring funnel and land a job:
- Create modern, keyword-optimized resumes and cover letters tailored for specific job descriptions.
- Develop an effective and engaging elevator pitch.
- Gain confidence and improve your interview skills with a video curriculum and complete interview practice tools.
Students and faculty can easily access SkillsFirst using SSO by clicking "Students & Faculty click here to join or log in." on the login screen.
SkillsFirst for Alumni
This service is free to all Trevecca alumni by obtaining an access code and logging in here. Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the Office of Career Development and Connections for an access code.