Career Development & Connections
As you prepare for a career of servant leadership in your field of study, it’s never too soon to start using tools and perfecting soft skills that can help you take advantage of job opportunities after graduation.
At Trevecca, access to free career services is offered through the Office of University Engagement, and support is available from the time you arrive on campus.
Like any successful venture, your career development journey begins with a handshake. In this case, Handshake is the online platform where you’ll access all the career tools and support you’ll need leading up to and including your job search. That’s why it’s important to register on Handshake as you start your freshman year, and then use it regularly as you progress toward that first job.
Services you can find on Handshake include the following - and new features are always being added.
- Resume writing tools
- Interview tips and resources
- Job search capabilities for positions in your line of work
- Career fair event announcements
- Connections with alumni who are seeking TNU graduates for job opportunities
- Contact portal for the Engagement Office
Get started today!
Hiration is an online tool offered free of charge to current Trevecca students. It uses some of the most advanced technology to help students build and review their resume, write cover letters, optimize their LinkedIn profile and more.
- Jumpstart your job search with ready-to-use resume templates
- Tailor your resume to get through the application tracking system (ATS) and boost interview calls
- Optimize your online presence with Hiration’s LinkedIn review and recommendations
If you’re involved with hiring functions at your organization and want to help the next generation of TNU graduates succeed, Handshake is a great way to find talent and establish a pipeline with your alma mater. You’ll stay connected to Trevecca, and graduating students will appreciate the networking opportunity!