To be eligible for federal financial aid, you must meet certain requirements. For example, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be registered with Selective Service (if required)
- Attend a college that participates in the Title IV programs
- Be working toward a degree or certificate
- Be making satisfactory academic progress
- Have no "owed refund" on a federal grant or be in default on a federal educational loan
- Have "financial need" as determined by the FAFSA.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Make sure you include Trevecca’s Title IV school code. Our code is 003526. Please note that this is the first step and must be completed to determine eligibility for grants, loans, and some scholarships. Apply yearly after October 1 at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Our office will receive a copy of your application 7-10 days after completion.
- You will be notified if additional documents or corrections are needed to your application.
- Once all information has been received and you have completed your requirements for admission to the University, our office will mail you an award packet.
- Freshman awarding begins in November
- Awarding for returning students begins in May
- Remember to complete your FAFSA as early as possible each year, after October 1 in order to be eligible for the maximum aid available.
- New students: email the Office of New Student Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-248-1523
- Returning students: email the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com or call 615-248-1242