Assistant Coach (Part-time) Women’s Basketball
University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
The Women’s Basketball Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the program including but not limited to travel, recruiting, scouting, scheduling, training, promotions, community service projects, fundraising, and on court coaching duties. The Assistant Coach must abide by the rules and regulations established by Trevecca Nazarene University, the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC), and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). Trevecca Nazarene University is a member of the NCAA at the Division II level.
- Assist in aspects of coaching and management of the women’s basketball team as directed by the Head Coach.
- Work with coach and/or liaison in ordering equipment for the team and coaches
- Lead or assist in organizing aspects of team travel such as transportation, hotel, food, practice, and preparation of travel itinerary.
- Assist with scheduling which may include securing games and preparing contracts for current and upcoming season.
- Perform recruiting and scouting as directed by the head coach in compliance with NCAA Division II policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with synergy and other video software (training will be provided if needed).
- Train, coach, and mentor student-athletes while supporting their spiritual, academic, and personal development.
- Assist in organizing and coaching summer camps and clinics.
- Represent Trevecca Nazarene University and the program in a professional manner.
- Help organize and participate in community service project as needed.
- Commitment to the overall development of the student-athlete and the mission of the University.
- Possess a strong work ethic, loyalty, integrity, and self-discipline. Ability to be a self-starter and work in a self-led environment.
- Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of sport specific skills and technique.
- Demonstrated success and experience in recruiting scholarship athletes is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire student-athletes to develop to their fullest potential.
- Outstanding organizational, oral, and written communication skills, and intermediate to high level computer competency
- Loyalty to Trevecca Nazarene University (TNU), the TNU athletic department, and the TNU head coach.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong preference for competitive college level basketball experience, either participating and/or coaching.
- Ability to evaluate and assist with the women’s basketball strength and conditioning program may be an asset
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter, resume, statement of faith and the names and contact phone number of three references to:
Associate Women’s Basketball Coach
Trevecca Nazarene University
333 Murfreesboro Road
Nashville, TN 37210
A review of the applications will take place immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Electronic applications are encouraged, but not required. Please do not follow up your application of the required items with another contact.
Please no agencies or telephone calls