Trevecca’s associate degree in general studies provides you with a strong and balanced foundation on which to build a career or further your education. This two-year program gives you a well-rounded education, helping you understand a broad range of topics so you can keep your future career and education options flexible.
Upcoming Start Dates:
Nov. 8, 2022
Feb. 21, 2023
May 23, 2023
- Graduate in two-years with a relevant and versatile base of knowledge.
- Learn from faculty who possess high degrees in their fields, who have relevant and valuable real-world experience and who make an effort to know you personally.
- Enjoy our small class sizes and supportive campus community.
- Gain a degree which allows you to continue your studies in any program.
What to Expect
As a student in Trevecca’s general studies program, you’ll gain a well-rounded education in a variety of topics. This two-year associate degree gives you a solid foundation on which to build your career or continue your studies in any four-year degree program.
The general studies degree equips you to:
- Understand oral and written communication theory and to demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Understand global civilization, human behavior and religion through historical, literary and aesthetic texts and records.
- Understand and demonstrate various intellectual modes of critical thinking.
- Understand cultural diversity and to hone and display a capacity for positively engaging with others.
- Articulate the foundational themes of the Bible and use intellectual strategies to study scripture.
This associate degree is perfect if you are hoping to take advantage of the Tennessee Promise scholarship. Instead of attending a two-year school and then transferring to Trevecca, this program allows you to complete your associate degree in two years (as required by the state) and then to transition seamlessly into a four-year degree so you can continue your studies and complete your degree at Trevecca.
Why Choose Trevecca?
Founded in 1901 and a leader in online education for more than two decades, Trevecca has been recognized nationally and locally for providing our students with the highest level of academic quality and rigor. We offer a holistic education focused on the intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual health of all the students in our diverse student body. We are committed to educating the next generation to be servant leaders.
As a Christian university, we offer programs that explore the ways faith intersects with your field of study. This means you can gain your general studies degree in a supportive, Christian community with small classroom sizes and engaged faculty members who care about you and your goals.
With a general studies degree, you’ll gain a broad and versatile foundation for your future goals. You can keep your options open for moving into a career, or prepare to pursue a four-year degree in any number of programs at Trevecca.
To be admitted to the AA and AS degree programs offered through the The Office of Graduate and Adult Education, students must:
- Complete online application.
- Complete FAFSA or appropriate reimbursement or payment plan agreements.
- Provide proof of high school graduation or the completion of high school equivalency through GED certification, the HiSET exam, or the TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion).
- All students are expected to have some proficiency with computer technology. Reliable access to technology will be required through the program.
- Submit confidential Medical Health History and Immunization Forms to Trevecca's Student Health Clinic prior to registration (see Immunization Information entry at the end of this section). Applies only for students enrolled in face-to-face courses.
- Provide photocopy of government-issued identification (e.g., driver's license, state ID, military ID, passport). This requirement ensures that Trevecca complies with the U.S. Department of Education expectations for student verification.