Position: Teaching/Clinical Faculty (Full-time, 12 Months)
Reports to: Director School of Nursing
Location: Main Campus
Full time course coordinator and teaching/clinical faculty for The Bachelor of Science Nursing Program. This position, based on educational and clinical experience, can include any of the following courses: Assessment, Foundations of Nursing Care, Medical/Surgical Care 1 and 2, Critical Care, Obstetrics and Newborn Care, Pediatrics, Mental Health, Leadership and Management, Research and EBP, Community Health, Pharmacology, and Pathophysiology. Responsibilities include classroom, laboratory skills, clinical simulations, and clinical experiences.
- Must be licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Tennessee.
- Required to have a minimum of an MSN degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
- Be credentialed or certified in specialty area to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the courses assigned.
- Must have sufficient nursing experience to demonstrate professional competence.
- Two years of teaching experience in higher education is preferred.
- Should have at least two years of work experience in a health care setting.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Completed Immunization records.
- AHA-CPR for Healthcare Professionals - Current Date.
- Ethical and personal standards as described in The Code for Professional Nurses for the State of Tennessee.
- Able to demonstrate teaching skills and effectively communicate learning content in classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings.
- Current knowledge within area of specialty and ongoing maintenance of competency.
- Ability to communicate effectively: Verbally, in writing, and through learning technologies such as computers and e-mail.
- Proficiency with software including Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Ability to work well with clinical agencies, staff, faculty, and students as a member of the team.
Faculty Teaching Requirements
- All courses, test content, laboratory skills, clinical simulations, and clinical experiences are current and evidenced based.
- Coordinates laboratory, simulation, and clinical experiences as needed.
- Attends student learning experiences as appropriate.
- Reliable and consistent in attendance and punctuality especially as it relates to scheduled classes and posted office hours.
- Attends meetings and participates on faculty committees as stipulated in Faculty Handbook.
- Available to mentor, counsel, and participate in the academic advisement of students as needed.
- Completes test question evaluation as designated by BSN school policy.
- Follows course syllabus and curriculum plan utilizing appropriate texts, references, and materials for each course.
- Maintains student progression records.
- Participates in development of new curriculum and supports program assessment.
- Serves as an example of quality in nursing and supports diversity in teaching and student activities.
- Dedicated team member that supports the vision, mission, and values of Trevecca Nazarene University and the school of nursing.
Successful Outcomes Include
- Demonstrates well-developed course curriculum plans including classroom, laboratory skills, and clinical experiences.
- Utilizes school resources to promote student success.
- Maintains safe and correct nursing process when training students.
- Shares the responsibility of overall workload of the school of nursing.
- Good morale as team member.
- Supports others within the school of nursing, faculty, and staff.
- Strives to manifest the Christian morals and values of Trevecca Nazarene University.
- Light to moderate travel may be required.
- Standing/sitting/walking/lifting required.
- Participate in clinical activities onsite and offsite with students.
- Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
- Faculty will be evaluated at the end of the school year.
Interested parties who agree with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send resume and cover letter to: Rick Mann firstname.lastname@example.org