Summary of Position
The position is responsible for providing primary care for adult students and care of faculty and staff. The position will be responsible for communicating with outside agencies including the Tennessee Department of Health as required when health issues occur on campus. Additionally, the PA is a resource to the campus for compliance with medical guidance related to contagions. The Physician Assistant is a part-time regular non-exempt position, which reports to the Director of Financial Services. The planned organizational structure for the clinic is to have two part-time physician assistants covering a 40-hour week, Monday-Friday, a part-time registered nurse and a part-time receptionist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and communicates with other part-time physician assistant in student health clinic to ensure continuity of patient services and administrative duties.
- Primary responsibilities include primary care of college-aged adults and care of faculty and staff.
- Diagnosis and treatment of common illnesses and injuries, follow-up management of stable chronic diseases, provides preventive health care information and guidance.
- Prescribe medications; design treatment plans; coordinate patient care.
- Order, perform, and interpret laboratory tests and radiological studies.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Maintain and review patient records, charts, and other pertinent information, ensure insurance cards on file.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Supervision of receptionist and registered nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, college community, patients, and families.
- Member of university administrative council and provides updates and reports to leadership as needed.
- Provide oversight of clinic response to contagions including contact tracing, isolation and quarantine protocols, testing, and vaccinations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- EDUCATION/ CERTIFICATION: Successful completion of an approved Physician Assistant program and completion of national certification exam.
- LICENSE: A current license as a Physician Assistant issued by the State of Tennessee
- EXPERIENCE: Prefer experience practicing in a primary care, urgent care, emergency medicine or college health setting.
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillator (CPR/AED) certification.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly proficient at Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and capacity to quickly become proficient in other software packages and technology.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to handle complex, confidential issues required.
- Dedicated team player with strong customer service orientation.
- Focuses on details being correct.
- Must be a self-starter and problem solver.
- Must have an even disposition and be able to deal effectively and politely with people from all types of backgrounds and experience. Must also have the ability to serve individuals in a direct service capacity; remain calm in stressful or unanticipated situations.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Physical effort and exposure to risk are consistent with those of a medical professional serving as a first point of contact.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send resume and cover letter to: HR@trevecca.edu
Please label subject line: Part-time Physician Assistant—Student Health Clinic