College is about discovering God’s calling for students' lives and learning how to achieve the goals that will help fulfill that calling. The Office of Academic Services is here to provide students with the tools needed to attain those goals. Services are free to students and include the following.
- Writing Services
- Test Preparation
- Study Skills Training
- Workshops on Specific Academic Topics
- Mock Graduate Admissions Tests (at student's request)
The Academic Services office is located in the Center for Student Development (CSD, in the Bud Robinson Building). Tutoring and writing services are provided at the CSD as well as other locations around campus. The CSD provides a quiet environment, has a computer lab, and is ideal for one-on-one tutoring sessions as well as group study sessions.
Need tutoring in a specific class?
Visit this page to complete and submit a Tutor Request Form.
Need help writing a paper?
- Our writing services are available on a walk-in basis in the CSD (room 120) at the following times.
- Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Sunday: 2-5 p.m.
- Reserve an appointment during the times indicated above by emailing Dr. Mark Bowles at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 615-248-1376.
- You can also submit a document to be reviewed without coming to the CSD by emailing it to email@example.com. Please allow three business days for turnaround.
If you are a faculty member and you need to recommend tutoring for one of your students, visit this page to complete and submit a Tutoring Referral Request Form.