Music Performance (Vocal)
The Bachelor of Music in vocal performance is designed to help you expand your talents and find success in the music industry. Students will receive broad training in the theory and history of music and in depth study of vocal pedagogy, vocal diction and performance.
- Gain the skills and training you need to be competitive in the job market and to create a lucrative vocal career.
- Take advantage of incredible internships and job opportunities available in the exciting Nashville music scene.
- Enjoy our small class sizes and supportive campus community.
- Learn from faculty who have valuable industry experience and make an effort to know you personally.
What to Expect
In the Bachelor of Music in vocal performance program you can expect to receive foundational training in music performance in a Christian liberal arts environment. You will be equipped with practical vocal experience across various genres in both solo and group settings. You’ll work with professors who are all active professional musicians and vocalists to develop your talents. These mentor relationships will lead to networking contacts and exciting opportunities both while you are a student and long after graduation.
This program will afford you unique opportunities to perform. In recent years, Trevecca students have been part of music videos, performed with the Nashville Symphony, performed for the CMA awards show, recorded demos of new songs for artists and performed and recorded in local studios. There are also many on-campus opportunities for students through ensembles, “pit bands,” chapel bands and traveling public relations groups.
Trevecca is located in Music City, USA, and Nashville is home to a thriving music scene that features jazz, gospel, CCM, opera and musical theater as well as country. There are many opportunities to be part of music events in many different genres.
Why Choose Trevecca?
Founded in 1901 and a leader in online education for more than two decades, Trevecca helps students discover and pursue an individual calling by providing innovative instruction; cultivating a supportive, Christ-centered community; and establishing relationships that open doors.
Recognized nationally and locally for academic quality, Trevecca has earned a reputation for providing the world with servant leaders, problem solvers and difference makers. Trevecca’s holistic approach to education encompasses intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual growth.
Trevecca is committed to educating the next generation to be servant leaders.
As a Christian university, Trevecca offers programs that explore the ways faith intersects with your field of study. This means you can gain your music performance degree in a supportive, Christian community with small classroom sizes and engaged faculty members who care about you, your faith and your goals.
- Professional vocalist
- Professional vocal instructor
- Music teacher
- College professor (after graduate school)
- Paul Christianson Professor, Music
- David Diehl Chair of Department of Music and Instrumental Studies | Professor of Music
- Angela Carr Forsythe Assistant Professor of Music, Director of Vocal Studies
- Michael Harland Assistant Professor, Music
- Thomas Lerew Associate Professor of Music, Director of Choral Activities
- Bakara Nkenge-Hinds Private Instructor, Vocal Studies
- Fain Spray Private Instructor, Vocal Studies