Trevecca’s Bachelor of Arts in religion offers you a balance of Bible, theology and church history. You’ll be challenged and prepared to carry out ministry in innovative, creative and transformative ways and can tailor the program to match your unique calling by choosing from the following minors: pastoral ministry, youth ministry, children’s ministry, missions, worship ministry and compassionate ministry.
- Learn from faculty who possess high degrees in their fields, who have relevant and valuable real-world experience and who make an effort to know you personally.
- Enjoy our small class sizes and supportive campus community.
- Take advantage of incredible internship and ministry job opportunities available in Nashville.
What to Expect
At Trevecca Nazarene University, we believe that God has a unique plan and purpose for your life. Our Bachelor of Arts in religion combines academic excellence with application-based curriculum in an educational environment that aligns with your values and equips you for ministry.
Our coursework is based around a core combination of Bible, theology and church history, giving you the foundation you need to become a servant leader for various age groups and in various ministry settings. You’ll be equipped with knowledge of the essential components of the field while also being challenged to minister in innovative, creative and transformative ways.
You can tailor the program to match your unique calling when you choose to minor in one of the following areas: pastoral ministry, youth ministry, children’s ministry, missions, worship ministry and compassionate ministry. Some students choose to double major in religion and religious studies, which focuses solely on the classical disciplines of Bible, theology and church history.
Why Choose Trevecca?
Founded in 1901 and a leader in online education for more than two decades, Trevecca has been recognized nationally and locally for providing our students with the highest level of academic quality and rigor. We offer a holistic education focused on the intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual health of all the students in our diverse student body. We are committed to educating the next generation to be servant leaders.
As a Christian university, we offer programs that explore the ways faith intersects with your field of study. This means you can gain your religion degree in a supportive, Christian community with small classroom sizes and engaged faculty members who care about you, your faith and your goals.
- Dan Boone University President/Professor, Pastoral Theology & Preaching
- Tim Green Dean, Millard Reed School Of Theology & Christian Min./ Professor, Old Testament Theology & Literature
- Steven Hoskins Associate Professor, Religion
- Michael Jackson Associate Professor, Religion
- Brent McMillian Associate Professor, Religion
- Kathryn Mowry Professor, Intercultural Studies And Christian Education
- Mary Schmitt Assistant Professor Of Biblical Studies
- Timothy Gaines Associate Professor Of Religion