Once you have completed and submitted your application to Trevecca, the following steps need to be completed:
How to Submit your Documents: Trevecca can only accept official documents. In order to be considered official, all documents must come directly from the organization, high school/secondary school, or university. Partial transcripts will only be accepted in order to be considered for admission, however, we must receive the official documents for full acceptance.
Priority Deadlines for International Applicants:
Fall Application – April 1 | Spring Application – November 1
Fall Enrollment Deposit – May 1 | Spring Enrollment Deposit – December 1
Fall Form I-20 – June 1 | Spring Form I-20 – December 1
STEP 1: Submit your Official Test Scores:
- ACT or SAT: Either the ACT or SAT exam is required and no other tests (including TOEFL) may be used in place of these exams.
- ACT: The minimum requirement for admission is: 18 ACT. Request your scores from their website: www.act.org; Trevecca Code: 4016
- SAT*: The minimum requirement for admission is 940 SAT. Request your scores from their website: www.collegeboard.com; Trevecca Code: 1809
- *If you have taken the SAT before March 2016, the minimum score is 860.
If you have not taken either exam, you can find details, dates, and prices on their websites listed above.
STEP 2: Submit your Official Transcripts:
- High School/Secondary Education
- Foreign Credential Evaluation Service*: You may be asked to send your transcripts through a foreign credential evaluation service if you have attended a non-U.S. school for any High School/Secondary equivalent or University institution. All transcripts must be sent in English in order to be evaluated. Please see the recommended organizations or any found on NACES.org website:
- *Please contact your Admissions Counselor before requesting this service as you may need to request a specific evaluation.
- University/College Transcript*: If you are an International Transfer Student or have attended a non-U.S. University, you may be asked to send your official transcript through a foreign credential evaluation service. All transcripts must be sent in English in order to be evaluated. Please see the recommended organizations above.
- Transfer Recommendation Form: If you have attended any University or post-secondary institution, you will need to complete and submit a Transfer Recommendation Form by your most recent institution. Instructions on how to complete and return are indicated on the form.
STEP 3: Submit your Official English Language Test scores:
- International students must demonstrate evidence of their ability to understand and use English sufficiently to succeed in their work at Trevecca. All international students must demonstrate English proficiency either by taking the TOEFL or IELTS.
- The TOEFL requirement can be waived if:
- A student has attended a school for at least two years whose medium of instruction is English and successfully passed English. The student must be able to provide verification that the school did teach in English and that the student was not enrolled in any English support courses, such as ESL classes, during that time; or…
- A student may submit an official college-level transcript showing completion of coursework at a "C" level (2.0 GPA) or better equivalent to Trevecca's English Composition (ENG 1020) from an accredited college or university.
STEP 4: If you qualify for admission to Trevecca, we will need:
- Certification of Financial Support: This form must be completed by the applicant, financial sponsor and/or bank certifying the assured financial support for the applicant’s first year. Total budgetary costs for an academic year at Trevecca Nazarene University are listed on the form. Your Admissions Counselor will send you the form after you qualify for admission.
- Enrollment Deposit: A $200.00 enrollment deposit is required to enroll at Trevecca Nazarene University. All International applicants, upon admittance, are required to submit their enrollment deposit by May 1 for Fall semester or by December 1 for Spring semester enrollment. The deposit is non-refundable after the above deadlines. You may pay online or send a check or money order through the mail to the below address:
Trevecca Nazarene University
Attn: Office of Admissions
333 Murfreesboro Rd
Nashville, TN 37210