For students and their families, Commencement is a milestone moment, an occasion not soon forgotten. For the greater Trevecca community, Commencement is a vital part of the life of the University, a celebration we look forward to each spring.
While we can’t celebrate together in the same way this year, Trevecca officials want to make sure that our 2020 graduates feel cherished, honored and celebrated by the greater Trevecca community. Our plans to celebrate Trevecca's December 2019 and 2020 graduates include:
Virtual Conferral Ceremony
Your conferral is the moment you become a graduate of Trevecca Nazarene University. After all that hard work and sacrifice, you’ve fulfilled all the requirements to complete your program and earn your degree.
That’s the moment we’ll be commemorating on May 16 at 10 a.m. in a brief ceremony broadcast via livestream and Facebook. Dr. Boone, Dr. Tom Middendorf, Dr. Tim Green, University Chaplain Erik Gernand and others will encourage and speak blessing over our December 2019 and 2020 graduates during the ceremony.
Important Information regarding the Conferral Ceremony
- During the ceremony, Dr. Boone will confer degrees upon the graduates. For graduates whose degrees are conferred in May and have no holds on their accounts, Academic Records will mail diplomas in June.
- If graduates ordered regalia to be shipped to their homes, they should already have it. If students ordered regalia for pickup from the Campus Store, it will be mailed to your home address with the exception of regalia for doctoral programs. Graduates in these programs will receive information about regalia after their hooding ceremonies are scheduled. All questions regarding regalia should be emailed to Holly Steinmetz at: email@example.com.
- If you are an undergraduate and qualified for honors, honor cords will be shipped to you with your diploma.
- We are encouraging students to wear their regalia during the May 16 Conferral Ceremony. Share your photos on social media using the hashtag #TNUClassof2020.
Fall Commencement Celebration
The Conferral Ceremony will mark the moment you become a Trevecca graduate, but the celebration? That happens this fall. We’ll meet you back on campus during Homecoming Weekend 2020, Nov. 6-7, for all the celebration, ceremony, pomp and circumstance you’ve been looking forward to since you started your Trevecca journey. This will be a time to celebrate all you have achieved, graduates, but also all that will achieve in the future as a representative of the University. Please bring your family and friends back to campus for this can't-miss event. This will be a chance for graduates to don their regalia and get that coveted photo with Dr. Boone!
Important Information regarding Fall Commencement Celebration
- More information will be provided as it become available. Check back here often.
Fall Hooding Ceremonies
Trevecca officials are working on plans to schedule fall ceremonies to honor the achievements of our master’s and doctoral students as well as the support and sacrifices of their friends and families as our graduates pursued their educational and professional goals. More information will be announced as details become available.
Stay tuned for updates and more detailed information in the days and weeks to come. Please keep in mind that all planned events are subject to change based on federal and state COVID-19 regulations and recommendations.