As a branch of the Center for Student Development, Counseling Services endeavors to equip and encourage men and women associated with Trevecca Nazarene University toward greater personal and community health. In keeping with the college mission, Counseling Services fulfills a vital role in developing campus community members’ God-given potentials by providing a broad range of professional psychological and career services. Integrating psychological practice with Christ-Centered principles, we seek to support the academic process of Trevecca Nazarene University students. Believing that the student and campus community reciprocally influence one another, we aspire to enhance the holistic well-being of the entire campus community through intentional support and challenge for the purpose of developing students psychologically, vocationally, socially, academically, and physically.
The Trevecca Counseling Center is offering distance counseling for any student who is residing in the state of TN. These are strange times and we would love to talk about whatever you need! If you are:
- Living in TN
- Struggling with personal issues (anxiety, depression, loneliness, low self-esteem)
- Struggling with overwhelming Stress
- Experiencing marital issues or need pre-marital counseling
- Experiencing family Issues or concerns from childhood or adolescence
- Academic concerns such as perfectionism, low motivation, etc.
All counseling sessions will appointments are available Monday-Friday and are free of charge for the first six sessions, and $5 for each session following. All you need is a private place to use your computer or phone (your car, room, while on a walk), and reliable internet!
Note - If you have experienced any of the following listed below, we won’t be able to help you via telehealth at this time. When we return to campus we’d be glad to work with you for support:
- Prior history of psychiatric hospitalizations
- Chronic suicidality and/or self-injury behaviors
- Presence of significant drug and/or alcohol problems
- Presence of significant eating disorders
- You were working with a counselor at the center during the Spring 2020 semester and the decision was made that you would not be a good fit for telehealth.
Check out our Instagram @treveccacounseling to meet our counselors and stay updated with what's going at the Counseling Center!
If you’d like to schedule an appointment with us please click link below:
- Information about mental health for college populations
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Resources and information for college students, including self-assessments
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Suicide and emotional distress prevention for college populations
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration
- Grief Recovery Institute
- To Write Love on Her Arms, non-profit movement that offers hope for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide
- Support to college students grieving the loss of a loved one while trying to navigate through school
- A biblically based addiction recovery program developed by Saddleback Church
- Suicide prevention resources
- Trevecca students should contact the Counseling Center if counseling services are needed.