Trevecca’s Associate of Science in professional communication is a two-year degree program that equips you with the written, oral, visual and digital communication skills you need to excel in the workplace. This versatile and flexible program lets you tailor your coursework to match your unique interests and goals, whether they involve a professional career or continued education.
- Learn from faculty who possess high degrees in their fields, who have relevant and valuable real-world experience and who make an effort to know you personally.
- Gain the skills and knowledge you need to work in a variety of fields or to continue your undergraduate studies in a four-year program.
- Enjoy our small class sizes and supportive campus community.
- Take advantage of incredible internships and job opportunities available in the exciting Nashville market.
What to Expect
Trevecca’s professional communication program is a two-year associate degree that offers you a solid, versatile foundation on which to build your future. All organizations, businesses and industries need employees who have strong communication skills, and this program allows you to build your written, oral, visual and digital capabilities while you also learn about the communication strategies and technologies that can make today’s workplace more effective and efficient. You’ll learn to:
- Produce a well-reasoned and well-researched argument
- Deliver an effective oral presentation using digital technology
- Contribute productively and cooperatively to a team project
Two of the highlights of this program are its flexibility and versatility. If you plan to continue with your studies to earn a four-year bachelor’s degree, your advisor will help you choose your four elective courses so you can complete a Bachelor of Science in either organizational communication or communication studies with an additional 10-14 communication credits. You can also choose your elective courses to make progress toward minors like interpersonal communication, multimedia journalism, media arts, dramatic arts and film production – or toward minors outside the communications department like leadership, business and information technology.
Why Choose Trevecca?
Founded in 1901 and a leader in online education for more than two decades, Trevecca has been recognized nationally and locally for providing our students with the highest level of academic quality and rigor. We offer a holistic education focused on the intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual health of all the students in our diverse student body. We are committed to educating the next generation to be servant leaders.
As a Christian university, we offer programs that explore the ways faith intersects with your field of study. This means you can gain your professional communication degree in a supportive, Christian community with small classroom sizes and engaged faculty members who care about you, your faith and your goals.
With your professional communication degree from Trevecca, you’ll be well-prepared to enter organizations or fields that require strong communication skills. You’ll also have a solid educational foundation on which to continue your undergraduate studies.