Christian MinistryTrevecca’s Bachelor of Arts in Christian ministry is an online degree-completion program that equips you to serve in a variety of roles, from full-time Christian ministry to service in a church or organizational setting. This program focuses on providing you with a holistic mindset, a missional vision, servant leadership skills and ministry competence.
- Complete your degree online in approximately 18 months.
- Learn from faculty who possess the highest degrees in their fields, who have relevant and valuable real-world experience and who make an effort to know you personally.
- Complete your program with a supportive cohort of students working toward similar goals.
- Enjoy the collaborative learning environments fostered by our small class sizes.
What to Expect
As a student in Trevecca’s B.A. in Christian ministry degree-completion program, you can receive the education you want with the flexibility you need. Designed for students who already have 40 credit hours completed, the Bachelor of Arts in Christian ministry works well if you feel called to a full-time Christian ministry or simply want to grow in your faith and knowledge in order to serve in a church or organizational setting.
The B.A. in Christian ministry combines academic excellence with application-based curriculum in an educational environment that aligns with your values and goals. Our curriculum equips you in four key areas:
- Holistic mindset
- Missional vision
- Servant leadership skills
- Ministry competence
If you are worried about having enough credits to begin the program, know that Trevecca offers college credit for various certifications, assessments and professional experiences. A dedicated advisor will work directly with you to complete a Prior Learning Assessment to determine whether you qualify for non-traditional credit. If you need some extra hours or want to tailor your degree, Trevecca also offers courses in the areas of health care administration, information technology, psychology and management and leadership that can be taken for general elective credit. For those seeking ordination, courses in the Christian ministry program may be used toward meeting ordination requirements (prior course approval from the ordaining organization is recommended).
Why Choose Trevecca?
Founded in 1901 and a leader in online education for more than two decades, Trevecca has been recognized nationally and locally for providing our students with the highest level of academic quality and rigor. We offer a holistic education focused on the intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual health of all the students in our diverse student body. We are committed to educating the next generation to be servant leaders.
At Trevecca, we want to support you in your pursuit of God's calling for your life. While working toward your Bachelor of Arts in Christian ministry, you will be surrounded by a community of other students and professors who are committed to close relationships with Jesus Christ. Your involvement in the life and ministry of the local church is also important to us. That's why our online format is designed to be accessible and convenient to work around your schedule without detracting from your time in the church.
- Complete the online application (it's free!).
Need help applying? Read the step-by-step instructions here!
- Fill out FAFSA to be considered for financial aid.
- Request official transcripts from your previous institution.
- Completion of at least 40 credit hours from an accredited institution
- 2.0 cumulative GPA for all prior coursework
- Some proficiency with computer technology and reliable access to technology throughout the program.
- Provide photocopy of government-issued identification (e.g., driver's license, state ID, military ID, passport). This requirement ensures that Trevecca complies with the U.S. Department of Education expectations for student verification. (This is only required for students enrolled in an online program.)
To graduate with a bachelor's degree in Christian ministry, students will need a minimum of 120 credit hours, satisfying the following requirements:
General Education (30 semester hours)
- 6 semester hours of communications (of which one course must be in English composition)
- 3 semester hours of humanities (at least one course must be from the following: literature, philosophy, art or music appreciation, art or music history, fine arts, history)
- 9 semester hours of social/behavioral science
- 6 semester hours of math/natural science
- 6 additional semester hours in any above general education area
Core Classes (36 semester hours)
General Electives (54 semester hours)
TOTAL: 120 semester hours
Students also need to maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA to be eligible for graduation. Trevecca accepts transfer credit and prior learning towards the above requirements. To learn how your previous credit or prior learning will apply and see what your personal path to a bachelor's degree will look like, fill out the form and an enrollment counselor will contact you!
Trevecca students in the Christian Ministry (CMO) program who are locally-licensed, district-licensed, or ordained (either elder or deacon) in the Church of the Nazarene and who reside or work on the Southeast Field of the U.S. are eligible to receive the Nazarene Pastors Scholarship – which offers free tuition for the CMO program.
After scholarship funds are applied, the cost per class is $100, and this amount includes the course technology fee as well as books. To receive the scholarship, students must show proof of local or district license (or ordination certificate) and submit the scholarship application. If you qualify, be sure to apply!
With your Bachelor of Arts in Christian ministry, you’ll be ready thrive in various Christian ministry roles like these:
- Lead pastor
- Associate pastor
- Youth pastor
- Children’s pastor
- Non-profit director
- Compassionate ministries director
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t currently have 40 credit hours—what are my options?
If you currently do not have any transferable credit hours, we offer an associate program that will help you earn your general education credits, as well as some introductory courses in a discipline. If you already have some credits (but fewer than 40), our enrollment counselors can help with determining which classes you need, both in general education or elective classes. All of these courses can be completed online. Connect with an enrollment counselor with the form on the right to get started.
Can I really graduate with my bachelor’s degree in 18 months?
Our core programs are approximately 18 months long. To graduate, you’ll need to meet all graduation requirements for a bachelor’s degree, including minimum general education requirements and elective requirements. An enrollment counselor will be able to help you determine exactly what you need to graduate and options to complete all of your requirements. Fill out the form on the right to be connected with an enrollment counselor!
Do you use textbooks or e-books?
We use physical textbooks for our courses.
What are the technology requirements for the program?
In today’s world, capable managers and leaders are more resourceful and resilient than their peers. In several of Trevecca’s programs, we want to build students’ ability to be resourceful and resilient in addressing their technology needs. Read our full list of technology requirements →