The study of Organizational Communication is for students interested in applying their communication skills in a business, church, government, not-for-profit agency, etc.
When surveyed, employers consistently report desiring employees with effective written and spoken communication skills, teamwork ability, and interpersonal skills (National Association of Colleges & Employers, 2010). Through coursework and internship opportunities, students can strengthen their relational communication, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and develop an understanding of the issues facing organizations and members of all types.
What our students say
"I like the professors and the way they teach; they are passionate, understanding, and helpful."
Pedro Moran '15
"Caring professors who know their stuff!"
Chelsea Hughes '15
Lena Hegi Welch
- BA, Trevecca Nazarene University, 1981
- MA, Auburn University, 1983
- EdD, Trevecca Nazarene University, 2005
- BS, Trevecca Nazarene University, 1989
- MA, Auburn University, 1992
- MA, Roosevelt University, 2000
- PhD, Texas Tech University, 2010